Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What the Heck?

In my 18 years of parenting, I'm accustomed to finding bizarre things in even more bizarre locations.

There was the "toilet incident" when I found a treasure trove of things in the bottom of the bowl when it was necessary for me to stick my hand deep into the stool. Ack. I shudder at the thought. But, I'm not sure what was more disturbing - what I found or where I was placing my hand. I fished out a AA battery, rocks, fifty-three cents, a safety pin, two buttons, and a marble. Granted, it was a very old toilet that had been in the house since probably the advent of indoor plumbing, but a battery? I don't even want to know which of the things were once ingested. (Why was I digging around in the john, you ask? A bottle of Frizz-ease fell into the toilet and someone tried to flush it. So in lieu of pulling the stool, I went fishing.)

I pulled back the shower curtain once to find a motorcycle helmet in the tub. I've found lunch meat in the cupboard and bread in the fridge. Okay, okay...so I absentmindedly did that. Point being, things turn up in odd locations when you have children running around.

I found this today in the middle of the living room. A tiny little skeleton foot. I've no idea where it came from. No one else seems to know either. It's slightly reassuring that it is indeed plastic and not actual bone. At first glance, I wondered what a cat killed and when.

It's another one of those great mysteries that leaves me scratching my head and asking, "What the heck?"

5 comments:

G. Eric Francis said...

"I wondered what the cat killed..."

LOL.

Sigh, to only be as darkly witty as you...

Oh, Pshaw said...

You're kids are still young. You're just getting started in cultivating that dark wit.

Anonymous said...

Hey Remember me?

That is a great picture of a tiny toilet victim. I guess we can call the search off for the tidy bowl man.
;)

Oh, Pshaw said...

Yes, I remember you! At some point, my computer crashed and I lost all my links and address book. I was hoping you'd email or pop up somewhere once again.

eyes_only4him said...

yeah..what the heck is right..