Monday, August 11, 2008

Totally Awesome and Famous





This is "La's Totally Awesome Famous Multi-Surface Degreaser & Spot Remover, Lavender." If that's not a mouthful. I call it "that purple stuff." (Pardon the picture quality. It would have been too simple to find a photo of it online.)

Anyone but me notice how someone got font happy in the design of this label? The rainbow and flowers are a nice touch. Anyone notice that they are pansies and not lavender? Hmm.

I bought it at "Dollar General," where I'm prone to shop for cleaning products. It can be an interesting store to peruse. I don't know exactly how they recruit their workers, and I'm not trying to be flippant or rude when I say I think they come from Bi-County Services that caters to those who are lacking a little special something in the ole upstairs.

One guy who works there wears two pairs of prescription glasses. Yes, two pairs. I told my friend's daughter about it when we were discussing how scary the place can be.

"No, he really does," I told her.

"Nu uh, no way," she told me. A few days later, I got a text from her saying I was right. She'd asked her mom to take her to check it out.

This guy also appears like he could use a good scrub down with some degreaser. He's nice enough, but I automatically hold my breath at the check-out, trying not to breathe through my nose if I must inhale. I'm not taking any chances. You know, sometimes you can almost see the funky stench vapors like Pig Pen from "Peanuts" had emitting from his character.


When you're well-versed in prices, "Dollar General" can be a great place to shop. But one must be careful. Sometimes, bargains are not bargains. Take laundry detergent, for example. Not really the best buy you can get.

Anyway, this "La's Totally Awesome Famous Multi-Surface Degreaser & Spot Remover, Lavender" was marked "new" and "on sale" for $1. I do love the scent of lavender, and with two boy children and a husband, something is always needing a good degreasing around here. I bought it.

Now, I don't normally read the instructions on anything. I sort of figure if I don't have this "point, spray, scrub, rinse" thing down to a science by now, there's little hope for me. I know it's generally a good idea to use most products in a well-ventilated area. It's never a grand idea to spray yourself in the eye, mouth, or any other places that could cause unpleasant tingling sensations. That's really all you need to know besides it's not advised to drink the product.

It did a nice job of removing soap scum and hard water stains without an exorbinant amount of scrubbing. Not too much of a lavender scent, however, which was slightly disappointing. I guess you can't have it all for a $1.

Seeing as how the entire bottle was quite interesting, I did glance at the back of the bottle, mainly looking for typos. Of course, this was after I'd used half of on the shower walls.

"PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENT: HAZARDOUS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS."

Whew, what a relief to know that it won't harm your pet alligator or llama.

No comments: