Friday, May 9, 2008

Wine and Weedwhacking

I'm running around this morning, wait, that's not true.

I'm moving at a snail's pace this morning getting ready to go to my sister's house to watch some old camcorder-made movies from the late 90s that she happened upon.

The TV has been on all morning, and at some point, infommercials take over one hour of GMA. Or something. I really don't know.

The point is, I'd been drying my hair, came back to sit down to drink some more coffee, and I'm not particularly watching TV. What I did gather, though, is that they were advertising a piece of gardening equipment. It's the only one you'll ever need to buy. I don't know really what it does, but knowing only that should be enough. Call now! You don't need to spend money on any fancy edgers because this WorkGTXOZ (something like that, anyway) will edge your yard, too.

The infommercial continued, "But wait, order now and we'll throw in a liftetime supply of wine!"

Okay, here's my problem. Perhaps, I'm too involved with wine or I need to have my hearing checked.

Wine and gardening equipment? Isn't that slightly dangerous? I mean, I do love a good glass of wine, and I've been known to partake in drunken activities where one could lose life or limb. But, I haven't gone on national TV to suggest that someone work in their yard and imbibe at the same time.

I looked up, because my interest was piqued, and it wasn't wine, but line. The WorkGT3342OX15 (or something like that) must be a weedwhacker.

Yeah, maybe I should get my ears checked and find a new hobby besides wine.

No comments: